Help Wanted: Crestron Programmer/AV Technician Minneapolis MN
May 11, 2015
Job Opportunity: Crestron Programmer/Technical Specialist A/V (Savage, MN)
A Crestron Programmer/Technical Specialist is responsible for the execution of technology related projects for our clients. This position must provide excellent customer service and maintain strong professional relationships with our clients, vendors, partners and fellow employees. The position demands extensive technical knowledge of low voltage systems as well as strong communications skills, organizational and multi-tasking capabilities to successfully design, manage and provide technical assistance for multiple simultaneous projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain strong professional relationships with our clients, vendors, partners and fellow employees
- Apply technical knowledge, both hands-on and via supervision, to ensure successful commissioning and/or troubleshooting and repair of various low voltage / technology systems and equipment
- Perform, direct and/or oversee system programming, configuration and calibration
- Be available on short notice to travel to perform advanced technical assistance at remote job locations (typical overnight travel frequency less than 15%)
- Act as a technical support advisor after normal business hours via phone for MTG staff or MTG subcontractors
- Provide technical support and advice to fellow PM’s to ensure that all systems are properly designed, installed and function as intended
- Provide technical support and advice to fellow PM’s and field staff regarding all applicable codes and best trade practices
- Monitor and coach field staff on company quality of workmanship standards
- Develop and provide technical training to service team members and field staff
- Adhere to and enforce company safety policies
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
- Must be a certified Crestron Programmer
- Strong understanding of low voltage systems and practical field experience
- Knowledge of programming various technology equipment
- Extensive experience installing, troubleshooting and repair of various systems relating to information transport and audio/visual
- CAD and Visio experience / familiarity preferred
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving, decision-making abilities
- Willing and able to multi-task in a fast paced, multi project based environment
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment using MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and other common programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
About the company
Master Technology Group (MTG) is an established commercial electrical and low voltage contractor. Clients in the United States and Canada rely on us to handle complex projects, tight budgets and demanding timelines.
Established in 2002, the foundation for MTG’s growth and success lies largely in the continued strength of its reputation as a highly capable organization with good people and an extraordinary commitment toward results, customer service and integrity.
In addition, MTG has a reputation of being a great place to work. Our employees are our most valuable asset. We encourage the professional growth and personal well-being of all employees. MTG is committed to promoting a positive work environment where employees trust the people they work for, have pride in the work they do and are accountable to and enjoy the people they work with.